At approximately 3 PM on November 25, 2012, Flourtown Fire Company was dispatched along with Barren Hill Fire Company to a fire that began in the garage on the 300 block of Stenton Avenue and spread to the roof of the residence on the Sunday afternoon. Upon arrival the fire was immediately escalated and companies from Wyndmoor, Spring Mill, Centre Square, Harmonville, Glenside and several other were dispatched for additional resources. Engine 6 arrived at the home and went into service with 2.5 inch hose line and additional hose lines once a water source was established. Addition units checked for extension into the home and other areas of the property. The cedar shingle roof added to the fire load and the three car garage and its contents were a loss, but the fire was halted from extending further into the home. Photos supplied here by Flourtown Fire Company photographer, Robert Wilmot, Jr.
On October 13, 2012, a report of smoke was made in the area of the Fairlane Grill, 617 Bethlehem Pike. Responding units from Flourtown Fire Company, reported heavy smoke coming from the rear of the building and the incident was escalated. Wyndmoor, Oreland and Wissahickon Fire Companies responded and crews tracked a small fire coming from the kitchen had extended in the rear wall of the restaurant to apartment above. Flourtown made access to the roof and removed some of the roof to extinguish the fire. The Fairlane Grill was closed for repairs and re-opened on November 5.
On July 12, 2012 at approximately 12:40 AM all three companies in Springfield Township responded to a garage fire in Erdenheim. Upon arriving on the scene Chief 6 confirmed a fully involved garage and took command. Flourtown’s Engine 6 lead off with 1 3/4 inch hose and made access to the garage via a side door, knocking down the bulk of fire while making progress from the driveway to the side door. Oreland and Wyndmoor supplied additional hose lines, manpower and a water supply while Ladder 6 and other crews removed the garage door. A vehicle and the contents of the garage were destroyed in the fire.
Squad 6 and its Rapid Intervention Team (R.I.T.) responded to a confirmed dryer fire at the Ambler Fabric Care Center Coin Laundry. The fire was rapidly knocked down by crews from Wissahickon Fire Company (Station 7), Fort Washington Fire Company (Station 88), and Centre Square Fire Company (Station 33), and traffic and crowd control was handled by fire police from Station 7 and Station 33. (Photos by Bob Wilmot, Jr.)
Company responded to 1668 Bethlehem Pk. for a odor of electrical burning inside the store. Assisted by the Oreland and Wyndmoor Fire Companies,firefighter found a overheated light ballast to be the cause. Company was in service for 23 minutes.