- Engine and Ladder Truck Operations
- Rescue and Water Rescue Operations
- Train and learn from others in the Company
- Training (no charge to you)
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) supplied
- You’ll be a ssigned a mentor to help you through training
- Assist other companies through mutual aid
Have you dreamed of wielding an axe or dousing flames? Maybe you’ve always been interested in helping others and learning more about the fire service and want to play an important role at emergency incidents. FFCo is chartered to help the community and do our best to protect life, the public, property and, of course, other responders. Firefighters with Flourtown Fire Company go through extensive training at the Company, County and State level to become certified firefighters and support and assist firefighters, EMS and the police throughout the township and in the surrounding area. It’s up to you how far you want to take the training, after you’ve completed the training in the basics, specialty training in rescue, EMS and fire ground leadership are available.
What do we do?
- Respond to emergency scenes – Whether its a structure fire, vehicle or brush fire or some type of rescue we respond swiftly and safely so we can focus on the task at hand.
- Size up and protect exposures – Our number one priority is life safety for not only the victim but ourselves and other first responders. By sizing up the situation and using our training to effectively manage the risks to life, property and our equipment.
- Liaison & public relations – We are often the first contact on the scene for the public, residents, owners, spectators and the media, we do our job quickly, safely and effectively, We act as if there’s a camera always on us.
- Fire prevention – We visit school, hold and attend open houses to allow the public to see how our training and maintaining our equipment pays off, to help them when they need it most.
If you live in Springfield Township, or work in the Flourtown/Erdenheim area, to learn more about Flourtown Fire Company and the volunteer opportunities available please fill out the form below:
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Interested in Volunteering’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Phone’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’I am interested in…’ type=’select’ required=’1′ options=’Becoming a firefighter,Joining the fire police unit,Other? Please tell us below.’/][contact-field label=’Other? What are you interested in?’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Comments’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]