Homes today are brimming with state-of-the art technology, entertainment and computer equipment. However, when too many lights and appliances are attached to the electrical system, it will overload and then overheat.
The heat causes the wire insulation to melt and ignite, resulting in an electrical fire.
Please take a moment to view the attached publication provided by the Fire Department, City of New York (FDNY) to learn how to prevent household electrical fires.
PDF Download Link: 10_electricity_home_safety_english