Did you know that heating equipment is a leading cause of home fires and deaths?
With a few safety tips and precautions you can prevent most heating fires from happening.
STAY SAFE AND BE WARM THIS COMING WINTER
- Keep anything that can burn at least three-feet away from heating equipment, like the furnace, wood stove, fire place, or portable space heater
- Never use your oven to heat your home
- Only a qualified professional should install stationary space heaters, water heaters, or central heating equipment
- Installation of a heating device should be installed according to local code and manufacturer’s instruction
- Have heating equipment and chimney’s cleaned by a qualified professional yearly
- If you smell gas in your gas heater call the fire company or gas company. Do not light the heater
- Test smoke alarms monthly
Source: National Fire Protection Association