As part of the 2014 Emergency Service Event (see Event post for more information) which will be replacing all the Open House events each fire company in Springfield Township conducted individually, we are asking future firefighters to draw up their best fire escape plans for their homes. Get the family involved and make sure you practice the plan so you know it works.
SHOW WHAT YOU KNOW
- Create a fire escape poster of your residence
- You should have at least two ways out of every room
- Mark out All smoke detectors
- Have a meeting location
- Include your Name, School Name, Grade, Classroom and Teacher.
- Drop off your entry from Monday September 15th through Monday October 6th
- Posters can be dropped at Oreland, Flourtown or Wyndmoor Fire Companies any Monday night.
Entries will be placed into three categories. K-1, 2-3. 4-5. Prizes will be as follows:
1st prize $25 Toys R Us or Learning Express Gift Cert, 2nd prize – $20 Toys R Us or Learning Express, 3rd Prize – $15 Toys R Us or Learning Express Gift Cert.
Winning posters will be displayed at the Springfield Township Emergency Services Event on Saturday, October 11th from 11 AM -2:00 P.M. to celebrate Fire Safety Week.
Questions regarding this contact can be made to Jwalker@flourtownfire.org