- Become a Sworn Limited Law Enforcement Officer
- Protect and Assist Firefighters
- Support EMS and Police
- Training (no charge to you)
- Drive (after training a dedicated FP vehicle)
- Liaison with Law Enforcement and the public
You don’t have to climb ladders, wield an axe or douse flames to play an important role at emergency incidents. Your community also needs help from a group of emergency service personnel who protect the public and other responders. The Fire Police of Springfield Township are members of Flourtown Fire Company who are sworn limited law enforcement officers, and work to protect, support and assist firefighters, EMS and the police throughout the township and in the surrounding area.
What do we do?
- Traffic control at emergency scenes – by handling direction of traffic at incidents, we free up the police so that they can respond to other calls. We protect the responders from hazards presented by traffic in close proximity to their activities so that they can focus on the task at hand.
- Crowd control, scene safety & security – We assist in assuring that the area around emergency incidents is safe for responders and the public nearby. We control access to property, and secure the apparatus and equipment used by responders. We protect victims, their property and preserve evidence at a scene.
- Liaison & public relations – We are often the first contact on the scene for the public, residents, owners, spectators and the media, working to keep them safe and preventing interference with the activities of the responders.
- Assisting the police – We assist the police by providing manpower to control traffic and crowds at parades and other special events.
If you live in Springfield Township, or work in the Flourtown/Erdenheim area, to learn more about Flourtown Fire Company and the volunteer opportunities available please fill out the form below: